A type of skin growth caused by some virus is known as warts. The most common virus causing warts in humans is the human pappilloma virus (HPV). There are about 100 types of HPV. This virus infects the top layer of the skin and makes them grow rapidly to form a wart. Warts can appear on any part of the body and are more common in children. Some warts may go off within a few months whereas some will take years to go. Warts are usually painless and do not need any treatment. If you are bothered by the way the warts look or if the warts are painful and spreading you will require treatment. Sometimes the warts shrink and goes away during treatment and may come back or spread to other areas of the body. Most people opt for home treatment to cure warts as they are less expensive and less painful. Here are some of the home remedies to cure warts.
Home Remedies To Cure Warts
1. Baking Powder
This is one of the most common home remedy for treating warts.
- Make a paste of 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1 teaspoon castor oil.
- Apply this paste on the wart at night and cover it using a bandage
- Remove the bandage next morning repeat this remedy till the warts disappear
Garlic contains sulfur which prevents the virus infections. Garlic can be applied on the warts or can be consumed to cure warts.
- Rub crushed garlic or onion on the wart every day
- You can eat fresh garlic or swallow at least three garlic capsules to fight the warts from within.
3. Castor Oil
Castor oil contains an acid which will irritate the wart and kills the viruses. This is one of the best home remedy for small flat warts present on the face or back of hands.
- Apply castor oil to the wart using a cotton swab
- Repeat the remedy twice a day to get faster cure
4. Lemon Juice
The acid present in the lime helps to get rid of the warts.
- Apply some fresh lemon juice on the wart
- Cover it with fresh chopped onions for 30 minutes
- Continue this remedy for two to three weeks to get rid of warts.
5. Pineapple Juice
Pine apple contains a strong digestive enzyme this helps to dissolve the wart.
- Apply pineapple juice on the wart and keep it soaked for 10-20 minutes daily.
- Repeat the remedy till the wart gets removed completely.
Potato juice is able to reduce the wart, if applied daily.
- Cut a potato into half and rub the wart with the potato
- Make sure that the skin of the wart gets saturated with the potato juice
- Repeat the remedy morning and night for two weeks to experience the change.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar
This remedy is another effective remedy to cure warts. Apple cider vinegar is used as a home remedy for various skin problems.
- Soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and apply directly on the wart.
- Keep the cotton fixed on the wart for 3- 4 hours using band aid.
- Repeat the remedy for 3-4 days to see results.
8. Duct Tape
This remedy is one of the most popular remedy to get rid of the warts.
- Place a piece of duct tape over the wart and leave it there.
- Remove the tape only to replace another.
- Continue this for two weeks to cure the wart.
9. Nail Polish
Nail polish helps to get rid of warts. This remedy can cause slight burning or tingling sensation on the skin.
- Paint the wart with clear nail polish
- Repeat the remedy every alternate day
- Continue the remedy till you start seeing results.
10. Vitamin C Tablets
According to studies vitamins can work to remove the warts present on different parts of the body.
- Break a vitamin C tablet to the size similar to that of your wart.
- Keep the tablet on the wart using a band aid
- Change the tablet and band aid daily
- Repeat for two weeks to see results.
11. Vitamin E
This is another vitamin which can work miracles on wart treatment.
- Cut open a vitamin E capsule and cover the wart using the oil inside the capsule before going to bed.
- Leave the oil on the wart over night
- Repeat for two weeks to experience the change.
12. Baking Soda And Vinegar
The acetic acid in the vinegar and baking soda helps to avoid the infection of the skin.
- Sprinkle some baking soda on the wart
- Drizzle some white household vinegar over it
- Do the remedy in the morning and at night for a few weeks to cure the wart.
13. Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide removes the dead skin on the war. It slowly dissolves the wart.
- Dab hydrogen peroxide on the warts using a cotton swab
- Leave hydrogen peroxide on the wart for 10 to 20 minutes and wash off with water.
- Repeat the process daily to remove the wart.
This is a soothing remedy to remove the warts. It can be used in different ways to get rid of the warts.
- You can take the skin of the banana and cut a piece which is slightly larger than your wart
- Place the white part of the banana on top of the wart and secure it with a tape to hold it in position.
- Use new skin to replace the old one after 5-6 hours.
- You can also use the fresh slice of banana to rub on the wart every hour.
This is an effective remedy for people with sensitive skin or for warts in children.
- Cut a thin slice of eggplant and hold it on the wart using a tape.
- Change twice daily to get faster results.
Are you suffering from warts which affect your appearance? Are you having warts on the visible parts of the body? Use any of the above given home remedies to get rid of them.