What Are Gallstones?
Gallstones are the solid material formed in the gall bladder, which is a small organ under the liver. Gall bladder stones the bile secreted by the liver and releases into the small intestine when food reaches the small intestine. Sometimes solid particles develop inside the gall bladder due to cholesterol and pigments in the bile these are known as gallstones.
There are two main types of gallstones
• Cholesterol stones: these stones are yellow in color and 80% of the gall stones belong to this category.
• Pigment stones: these stones are smaller and darker and are made of bile pigment bilirubin
Causes Of Gall Stones
The major causes of gallstones are
• Decreased movement of gall bladder
• Body weight
When there is excess cholesterol in the bile it can lead to stones. If the gallbladder does not get emptied properly, it can lead to stones. People who are overweight or who are trying to lose weight quickly are more prone to gallstones.
Symptoms Of Gallstones
Gall stones are often without any symptoms. When symptoms do appear they may include the following
• Pain in the upper abdomen and upper back, which lasts for several hours
• Gastrointestinal problems like bloating, heartburn, indigestion, gas
If your doctor feels that you need not have gall stone surgery, you can opt for some home remedies to dissolve the Gallbladder Stones.
How to Get Rid of Gallstones Naturally
One of the main home remedies that you need to follow to prevent gallstones is a healthy lifestyle. You need to maintain a healthy body weight to prevent gallstones. The following are the best home remedies that will help you to treat and prevent gallstones.
1. Beetroot And Carrot Juice
If you are suffering from gallbladder discomfort, it is ideal for you to cut down on the consumption of food and turn to healthy and nutritious diet for a couple of days.
• Extract beet-root juice from raw beet-root by grinding it in a blender. Do the same with cucumber and carrot.
• Now take equal portions of carrot, beet-root and cucumber juice and mix them well.
• Drink this juice twice a day for three to four days to effective remove gallbladder discomfort.
• Drinking this at least once a day will help in preventing gallstones.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar And Apple Juice
Apple cider vinegar is known to have a lot of health properties and apple as they say will keep the doctor away.
• In a glass of fresh apple juice add one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
• Mix this well and then drinks it one time everyday.
• This will help to prevent gallbladder infections and treat gallstone problems.
3. High Fibre Cereal
It is ideal for you to eat high fiber rich foods to reduce gallstone problems.
• Make sure that you cut off the sugary and high fat diet from your diet chart.
• Add high fiber cereal every day in your morning diet to help you to stay healthy and prevent gallstones.
• Make it a point never to skip your breakfast.
Turmeric is found to be very effective in treating gallstones. It has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties and it has one main ingredient called cur cumin.
• Turmeric helps in easily solubility of bile and will also help in easier dissolution of bile and its compounds.
• It is ideal for you to take half a teaspoon of turmeric everyday as it has the powers to dissolve 80% of the gallstones.
5. Diet Low In Fat And Cholesterol
It is suggested and researched that a healthy diet that is devoid of fat and cholesterol will help in effectively reducing the gallstones.
• Fiber rich foods are ideal as it will help in keeping the digestive system from functioning properly.
• A low fat diet will help in preventing the build up of cholesterol in the gall bladder.
• You should combine healthy diet with a good exercise regime to see quick and faster results.
6. Blackseed Oil
• Grind 250 grams of blackseed and make it into a fine powder form.
• Mix this powder with 250 grams of pure honey.
• Add a teaspoon of blackseed oil to this mixture and mix well.
• Now, pour this mixture in half a cup of hot water.
• You need to consume this mixture with water everyday in the morning on empty stomach for three to five days to reduce gallstones effectively.
7. Milk Thistle
Milk thistle is known for ages as a cure for gallstones. The seeds of milk thistle contain silymarin which is effective to cure gallstones.
• Silymarin is a flavinoid helps in the production of bile in the gallbladder and this breaks down the components in the gall bladder.
• It will also help in helping out with proper liver functioning.
Lecithin granules or its liquid will help in dissolving gallstones.
• You need to consume two to three tablespoons of lecithin with a molasses or milk every day to reduce gallstones effectively.
• If you find lecithin liquid difficult to consume, you can also think of going for lecithin granules.
9. Artichoke Compounds
The herbal compounds found in the artichoke leaf and heart will help in increasing the production of bile salts in your body.
• Cyanarin is a compound found in artichoke that helps in improving the production of bile and salts.
• This will help in proper functioning of the body even if the gallstones block the bile ducts.
• An increase in the bile salts will eliminate and dissolve the gallstones.
10. Proper Hydration
It is very important for you to keep your body hydrated and to flush out all the toxins in your body through urine.
• Drink at least 10 to 12 glasses of water every day.
• By doing so, you are making your body to flush all the toxins out of the body through heroine and sweat.
• This will help you to keep gallstones at bay.
11. Avoid Refined Foods
If you need to prevent gallstones, then it is highly important for you to totally avoid refined foods. Some of the foods to avoid are:
• Ice cream
• Red Meat
• White flour products
• Artificial sweeteners
• Poultry and processed products
It is ideal for you to replace your fatty diet into something that is very healthy and rich in fiber.
• Make sure that you replace one meal of the day with only high fiber vegetable diet.
• This will help you to do away with gallstones problems.
Are gallstones bothering you? Do you want to get rid of gallstones easily? Well, try out above home remedies to easily get rid of gallstones in your body.