People who are not overweight or obese can have belly fat deposits. Most of us want to improve the look of our abs. We want it to be flat and well toned. People are after different methods to lose the belly fat and to get the washboard ABS. There are many reasons for unshapely abs. Poor posture, unhealthy diet and lack of proper ABS exercise can lead to fat deposition in the stomach area. Not all exercises are capable of reducing the belly fat. Though most of the people believe that crunches are the best way to achieve strong and flat abs, it is not completely true. Any person does work out wishes for a strong and athletic physique and a flat midsection.
Lou Schuler, co-author of “The New Rules of Lifting for Abs” says that Crunches are not effective enough to get great midsection as they use only the muscles on the front and sides of the abdomen. It is necessary to give proper work out for all the muscles in the abdomen and the muscles in the lower back, upper thighs and hips. Flexing ab muscles will not be as effective as extending the core in achieving flat abs. Get even the stubborn flab removed using the new rules of lifting abs.
Schuler recommends different varieties of stabilization exercises for abs based on the training program developed by co-author and personal trainer Alwyn Cosgrove. You will be able to lose belly fat faster and to uncover the amazing abs you have acquired using these exercises recommended by Schuler in “The New Rules of Lifting for Abs”. The core exercises suggested by Schuler such as the plank exercise not only help to burn more calories, but also reduces the chances of back pain and also helps to improve the body posture. They are far more effective than crunches as they make more muscles work. So, instead of going for crunches try the new and effective abs exercises given in “The New Rules of Lifting for Abs” and achieve a perfectly toned and flatter tummy.
The Best Exercise For Abs- Side Plank
Why It Works:
Side plank exercise is one of the most challenging exercises for your abs. This is tougher and effective than the traditional plank. In this exercise you will be supporting your body only on two points of contact hence your body muscles will have to work more to make to stabilize. This will help in the use of fat deposits and development of muscles in the abdominal area.
How To Do It?
- Lie on your left side in a straight line and keep your legs stacked. Place your right hand on your right hip. Your elbow should be exactly under your shoulder.
- Try to lift your body by supporting your body on the left elbow. Lift your hips off the floor and balance your body on forearm and feet. Keep your abdominals contracted when you lift your body. Hold the body in this position for 30 -45 seconds and lower the body. Switch the sides and repeat the exercise.
- Repeat the exercise two to three times on alternating sides
To get more stabilization- while doing the lifting of the body, try to lift and lower the top leg and holding it for 5 to 10 counts. This is harder than just lifting the body.
The Best Abs Exercises – Walk Out From Pushup
Why It Works:
This exercise includes the whole body workout. You will have to use arms, legs, hips and abs to perform this work out. This will offer strength to your entire core.
How To Do It?
- Keep your body in the pushup position. Place the hands two inches apart from your shoulders and keep your body straight.
- Try walking on your hands extended towards the right side and the left side. Do 10-12 repetition to lose belly fat faster.
Make the exercise harder- to make the exercise even harder to provide a better result try lifting one leg and walk.
The Best Abs Exercises: Alligator Drag
Why It Works?
This exercise is a mix of cardio work out, strength training and stability exercises. This exercise makes your entire body muscles work and help to stabilize the body to burn fat more effectively. This will help your body to achieve faster and longer lasting result in losing tummy fat and gaining stronger muscles.
How To Do It?
- Find a spacious floor area which will allow you to move your body forward for 10 to 20 yards. Keep ready objects which will easily slide on the floor like dinner plates, towels etc
- Drop down to the push up position with the arms and legs straight and the feet at hip wide apart.
- Keep your back straight and try to drag your body forward using your arms and core. Drag the floor along the floor along with the object.
- Walk till you reach the end of the room, it should be at least 10 yards.
- Rest for 60 seconds and repeat the alligator walk backward so that you reach the position where you have started. This makes one set of exercise
- Repeat it 3 to four times to get flat and good looking ABS.
Make it harder if you want to make it harder and want to involve some more muscles you can try walking around in a circle.
Apart from having the proper work out it is necessary to control the diet you are taking to reduce the belly fat. Try eating foods which do not contain, fat sugar and large amount of carbohydrates. Eat healthy food with good amount of fiber and protein. Get out of your myths about ab-training and get a shapely body and flat stomach by following the above mentioned stomach exercises. The photographs in the book will help to maintain the correct posture while doing your ABS works out. Make use of this book and get benefited by it.